Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fowl neighbor

For Valentine's weekend, I decided, having lived here for 3 weeks, it was time to introduce myself to the neighbors. So I used the "Day of Love and Friendship"--as it's called here--to bake cookies and bring them to the neighbors. Chris and I were pleasantly surprised when a couple of the neighbors invited us in to sit down and chat. It's funny the small world we live in, since the neighbor across the street is the doctor of a daughter of one of Chris' friends. At another house, we met their two daughters, their dog AND their parrot. Now on a pleasant Sunday afternoon, while visiting neighbors, it's charming to see a beautiful parrot on the front porch. However, when trying to read at home this week, it's not quite as charming to hear this fowl's language: "Juan!! Juan!! Juan!!"

Seriously, it didn't stop for hours. I have to wonder, what is enjoyable about this for ANYONE? Is it just me? Is it that you are either a bird person or you're not? Well, it doesn't take long to confirm.

I'm not.


4 Comments:

At February 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Helen Kim said...

Cindy! Cindy! Cindy! Great to see you blogging. How fun to get a front-row seat to your adventures from all the way over here?

 
At February 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Jo said...

I'm not either. I totally hear you. :)

 
At February 27, 2010 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving hearing about your adventures. Keep up the blogging!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Mrs. Tegu--The Life of a Toymaker's Wife said...

Glad you are enjoying! It's fun to share!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home