Monday, March 1, 2010

Can I catch a ride?


I feel like every day I could post a driving story...like on Friday, after celebrating a successful yet grueling week at the toy factory, I helped to drive some of the team home after the celebration. Sure enough, within 10 minutes, an 18-wheeler nonchalantly crosses the tree-strewn median on my right, to practically drive me out of my lane...mind you, the same road I had my previous accident on last week. I used to think honking was a sign of impatient rudeness. Here, it's a matter of survival. Meanwhile, I have 6 passengers screaming in the backseats.

Or what about last week when Chris and I were taking an exit ramp off the main road, only to be greeted by not 1, not 2 but THREE taxis all going in reverse down the exit ramp? Simply because they decided that didn't want to take that route. I ask you simply to imagine driving the roads where everyone determines their own rules. Taxi anyone? Taxi?

Or what about today, on the way to the factory? I see this in front of us. Yes, that's a boy "riding" his bike as he holds on to the truck bed in front of him...how's that for safety?

I'll stick to driving.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

it's like michael j. fox in back to the future! except a bike instead of a skateboard!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home