Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Taxing Transition

It's that time of year again...tax season, and every year is the same, filled with dread and surprise at the quick arrival. I have yet to meet someone who looks forward to this time. Sure, we all like if there is a return on the other end, but it's the process we don't enjoy. Of course, we have our trusted accountants and easy-to-use software programs now to make life simpler but it still doesn't change the fact that we have to do them every year. I'm finding it's the same thing with transition. You can't avoid it, you can't have someone else experience it for you--you have to go through it.

I thought transition would be easier than taxes. I guess my point is that as I walk through this season, I realize that I have unrealistic expectations...like that I'm entitled to a certain way of life or experience when in fact, no one ever told me that. So here I am wrestling through the reality that just like tax season, I need to sit down and reflect on last year--how I spent it, what I did with my time and resources--and see if there is a worthwhile return for what I did. Yet, I'm hoping that this time that I'm in now is one that I can learn to be fully in versus wait until next year to learn from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home