Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Overhaul Training


Ok, so I went for my first official run at the military base this weekend. It's hard to change your habits after a long period of time and I need to be patient, knowing I won't see any immediate effects. I think becoming a dog owner will truly help me start to make some long-term changes though. Now, I don't have any lofty goals of doing Strongman training or anything like the photo, but I had to laugh when I was pulling away from the track and I saw a guy pulling his family in their car, just like the photo. So who knows, I may have some inspiration!
I guess for me, this season has been a lot more of the internal training and less of the external. The thing is, regardless of what type of training it is, it's still difficult and takes patience and discipline. I guess that's why everyone says "You have to experience it for yourself" because the truth is, no one can TELL you how hard it truly is to die to yourself. The more I really learn what that means, to truly let go of my pride and stubbornness, the more I will start to see results. I hope that I start to care more about my character than my physique...so I'm slowly training both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home