Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The price you pay...

So I've never been one to stick to New Year's resolutions or exercise plans but since living here, I've seen the necessity for routine. Without it, I've found I can easily go stir-crazy. However, with constant travel and changing schedules, it's difficult to implement and follow-through on a consistent plan. This week, after being out of town earlier this month, I decided to resume the workout plan and pull out my elliptical. In my enthusiasm, with one pull, using my entire body weight, I jerked the machine across the room, while my hand went flying, hitting the door frame with a thud. Now, any other day that I workout, I usually put on the gear, my shoes, removing my watch and any other jewelry. However, this day, I decided to be efficient and move my equipment into the one room with A/C, right as I returned from work, before I would have time to sit down and distract myself from the idea of working out. So as I look down at my hand, I see my sapphire is missing from my ring. I panicked as I desperately searched the speckled concrete floor for the blue stone. As I muttered a hopeful few prayerful words, I saw it sitting in the middle of the floor. Ahhhh, the price you pay to save a few bucks for a gym membership!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home