Friday, May 21, 2010

Dog Tired

So most days we bring Sam, our chocolate lab, with us to the factory. Today, for our lunch break, we decided to go for a walk around the factory park. We wandered through the tall grass and stepped over trash while Sam rushed back and forth, finding any puddles he could after the hard rain yesterday. In his running around, he got more and more excited which means he runs faster and more frantically. He's not a small dog, so when he gets to full force, he can do some serious damage. Lucky for him, he had some wide open space to go crazy. As Chris and I walked single-file along the narrow path, we waved at the guys working in the field on the other side of the fence. Then within one minute, Sam came plowing full speed down the path and Chris dodged out of the way. I couldn't see Sam and didn't have time to move as he flew into my knee. I collapsed instantly and screamed in pain. You know I hit the ground hard when I had mud all over my jeans, dirt and grass in my hair and later found a blade of grass in my teeth! I think the workers wondered what on earth happened. Chris immediately called back to the factory to have someone bring our car to pick me up. The park manager came to meet us and insisted I see the doctor at the Pepsi plant. The doctor was NOT in so I saw the male nurse. Of course, the jeans I'm wearing are skinny jeans so it was quite a feat to get the nurse to take a look at my knee. I returned to the office, limping....all in a day's work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home