Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good to be home

It's hard to believe how fast time flies. I've already been here for over 6 months and just returned from an amazing time with family and friends in the States. It's amazing how encouraging time with true community can truly energize you.

Arriving back home yesterday, I was welcomed by the usual chaos, taxis driving at 10 miles an hour on the main road or driving head-on into my lane as I turn down my street, or the resourcefulness of motorcycle passengers toting a tv as they catch a ride. But today, I jumped in to the routine of volunteering, chatting with the cashier at "Wal-Mart", having my language session and organizing time with friends here. It's starting to feel like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home