Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rose-colored Glasses

Even though I'm not personally celebrating Mother's Day just yet, I decided to celebrate our neighbors who are moms...some old and some new! Instead of the Valentine tradition of cookies, I opted for flowers this time around. After running into one neighbor last month, she shared how her mom lives with them and she recently found out she has cancer. While delivering flowers to their house, I was surprised when her mother answered the door. I had never met her, much less seen her in the neighborhood. She peered sceptically through her tinted glasses, wondering who this "Americana" was at her front door. I explained, in broken Spanish, that the flowers were to honor her on this special holiday and that we are praying for her during this time. She started to well up with tears and grabbed me for the largest bear hug. I'm grateful for all moms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home