Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's the little things


So just completed Week ONE of my intensive language learning: 7 hours/5 days and 5 hours/Saturdays! The good news I don't have a headache and I can visibly see my Spanish improve as I move around the city--shopping, eating out, talking with vendors, getting directions, translating, finding a church, etc. It's all quite an adventure!

It's been an eventful weekend from attending a belated wedding reception and finding a church in town. I'm amazed the wonderful people I've met thus far, even just during the weekend.

Today's reprieve from the full week of lessons was discovering a spectacular find in the midst of the city. It is a quaint little restaurant/cafe with a garden. The best part is the organic grocery store with fun surprises like organic veggies and new teas like "White Cucumber" or Heath ice cream or Trader Joe's goodies and exotic cheese and chocolate options.

Yes, I have found a good Sunday routine. Not to mention, it's a great stroll through the Sunday market on the way home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home